Fill out our Form or Give us a Call 775-324-2001 . We will test for Dissolved solids, PH, Iron, Manganese, Hardness, Alkalinity, Chlorine
GET YOUR COMPLIMENTARY WATER TESTING TODAY
What we’ve encountered in the last 21 years of water testing services and installing treatment systems:
- South Reno – city water: hard water 7-10 grains per gallon, high silica 30-70 parts per million – chlorine- chlorine byproducts (trihalomehtanes) .VOC”S
- South Reno-Private Wells– arsenic, Iron, manganese , hard water – low pH , coliform bacteria, color , silica , high total dissolved solids
- Reno Sparks- city water : chlorine and chlorine byproducts (trihalomethanes) some hard water (depending on time of year and if the source is from a well Truckee River) VOC’s
- North Reno City Water – high total dissolved solids, hard water, chlorine- trihalomethanes
- North Sparks city water – high total dissolved solids, hard water, chlorine- trihalomethanes
- Northwest Reno – chlorine and trihalomethanes
- Reno & Sparks private wells- low pH- Arsenic, hard water , hydrogen sulphide, iron, manganese , chemicals , coliform bacteria, sediment, algae
- Pleasant Valley & Washoe Valley– low pH- Arsenic, hard water , hydrogen sulphide, iron, manganese , chemicals , coliform bacteria, sediment, algae, tannins, fluoride, nitrates
- Spanish Springs, Red Rock & Palomino Valley Private wells :Arsenic, Iron, manganese, coliform bacteria, hydrogen sulphide, odors, sediment ,hard water and discoloration
- Carson city Water– some hardness 5-9 grains per gallon, chlorine & trihalomethanes
- Mound house – high total dissolved solids – hard water, coliform and bacteria, hard water
- Dayton City Water – high total dissolved solids and very hard water
- Carson City, Dayton –Stagecoach- Silver Springs well water – Arsenic, Iron, manganese, coliform bacteria, hydrogen sulphide, odors, sediment ,hard water and discoloration, nitrates
- Northern Nevada (Rural) – Hard Water, Arsenic, Uranium, sediment
- Yerington-Smith Valley– Hard Water, Arsenic ,uranium , sediment
- Fernley City Water – high hardness, high total dissolved solids , sediment from new treatment plant
- Fallon City water – high total dissolved solids ,high pH, high alkalinity, arsenic
- Fernley and Fallon well water– high hardness , high arsenic, titanium, manganese, iron , hydrogen sulphide
- Verdi Well water – high arsenic, iron, manganese, odor, hard water ,low pH ,high pH , sediment
- Truckee City water –Radon, hardness, chlorine trihalomethanes
- Truckee Well Water – high arsenic, iron, hardness, manganese , high total dissolved solids, coliform bacteria
- Lake Tahoe City water – hardness , chlorine and trihalomethanes
- South Lake Tahoe – hardness, chlorine, and trihalomethanes
- Lake Tahoe private wells & surface water– arsenic, coliform bacteria, iron, hardness, manganese, radon, tannins
- Minden City Water – chlorine and trihalomethanes
- Minden –Gardnerville-Topaz private wells – Arsenic, hard water , hydrogen sulphide, iron, manganese , chemicals , coliform bacteria, sediment, algae, hard water
- Winnemuucca— arsenic, coliform bacteria, iron, hardness, manganese, radon, tannins
- Susanville,Janesville– high arsenic, iron, manganese, odor, hard water ,low pH ,high pH ,benzene
- Virginia City Highlands – high arsenic, iron, manganese, odor, hard water ,low pH ,high pH , sediment high total dissolved solids , red water, orange water
Why Water Softeners in the Reno / Tahoe Area?
Read More about the WQA Soap Study Here
Water Softeners/Conditioners –Environmentally Healthy Systems that pay for themselves!!
Pure Water Systems of Nevada sells and installs water softeners for most outlying areas of Reno, Sparks, Virginia City, Carson City, Fernley and Fallon. Our Water Quality Association (WQA) Certified Specialists can help you decide which system is best for your unique needs.
Today’s Water Softeners are more efficient than ever. We are the GE Pro Elite -exclusive distributor in Northern Nevada. This system actually monitors hardness level in the water using 18 karat gold plated probes to determine when to re-charge the system. The end result is the most efficient system ever offered!
A recent study by the Independent Water Quality Research Foundation shows that soft water will:
1) Lower your detergent savings by up to 50%
2) Lower the cost to heat your water by up to 30%
3) Reduce the need to use hot water to get your laundry clean
Water softeners also protect your investment and keep your home looking new!! -shower doors are easier to clean, faucets& fixtures last longer, your hair is softer & Shinier, softer skin, softer – brighter clothes. These are just a few of advantages of having a water softener.
If your water has the sulfer odor of “rotten eggs”, if there are iron stains on your sinks and bathtubs, if you use large amounts of soap to clean dishes, wash your hair or suffer the “orange hair” effect sometimes caused by iron water, you probably have water that can be successfully treated with an IronBreaker III iron and H2S removal system.
Left untreated, these minerals will cause yellow/brown stains on fixtures and clothing, clogged pipes and appliances, shortened service lives for dishwashers, washing machines and water heaters, all adding to the cost of maintaining appliances while increasing the amount of energy consumed in your home
Water Softeners eliminate the effects of hard water; IronBreaker III eliminates iron and removes the objectionable effects of hydrogen sulfide or H₂S.
Whether it’s rust stains in your sinks and laundry, or the “rotten egg” smell of H₂S when you turn on a tap, your water problems can cause you and your family more than embarrassment and frustration. Iron and H₂S can damage your fixtures and plumbing, discolor your laundry or create unpleasant odors in drinking water and showers.
The Iron Breaker III stores a “bubble” of air, compressed by your well pressure, within the media tank. As your water passes thru the air, the iron or sulfur is converted to a particle, which is then trapped by the catalytic filter media in the tank while the air “bubble” is gradually consumed by the passing water. For regeneration, the unit first “backwashes” itself, removing any iron or sulfur particles it has trapped. The system then replenishes the “air bubble” by drawing in atmosphere, temporarily emptying the tank of all water and transferring oxygen molecules into and on the surface of the media bed where all oxidation occurs. The system then returns to the “service” position, again filtering your water.
The First step in sanitizing your well is to identify where the bacteria originated and then attack it with chlorine or a hydrogen peroxide. Bacteria forms a bio film in layers that are similar to an onion and sometimes it take 2-3 treatments finally stop it from growing . Once your home or laboratory has a positive coliform test, the entire system must be sanitized and retested to insure the coliform doesn’t return. At TMWS we offer this service.
The Chlorine Gobbler system is what we recommend. This is a 3 micron carbon block with flow rates that can keep up with an entire household . Often times ,we’ll install this system in front of a of a water conditioner . The Gobbler removes the organics and the conditioner catches the “hard water”